Thursday, May 29, 2014

Plagued by Pinterest But Pinning Something Somewhere . . .







            How can something that looks so innocuous, so simple, and so inviting, turn out to be such a hair-pulling challenge for me? I just don’t get it! I’m fluent on Facebook, well versed with LinkedIn, and comfortable with Goodreads.  Yet, when it comes to pinning something on Pinterest, everything goes wrong! In fact, even logging onto the site is a challenge. The screen behind the login scrolls down with all sorts of foods and artwork as I’m trying to type in my name and email. Carnival sideshows are less daunting! 

            My pins don’t show up, and if by some miracle, they do, they wind up in the wrong place! Start a new board? That’s easy for you to say, but when I try it, all I get is a blank space. So far, I’ve managed to create two secret boards, so secret in fact that I can’t even find them! 

            At least I had a fighting chance with “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” when I was in grade school. I was pointed in the right direction and if, by some miscalculation of space, I wound up about to stab a classmate, someone always screamed. Well, there’s no one screaming here except me. 

            I’ve tried the HELP button on numerous occasions. It’s apparently the only thing I seem to be able to push when I’m on that site. Today, I decided to give it another try and create a new board for one of my upcoming novels. I started the process at the same time three contractors arrived at my house to install five windows. They started the job at 7:30 A.M. I entered Pinterest at 7:35. They were completely done by 12:30 with fabulous energy efficient windows. I, on the other hand, lost two pins and struggled for the next hour and a half.

            I managed to post the same thing in six different places and two repetitive places before giving up. I know there has to be some trick to the whole thing, like recognizing the secret image in those paintings people always send you, but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out. 

            Meantime, I’ll keep trying. Just don’t expect any terrific results soon! However, if you hear a bloodcurdling scream, then you’ll know I was really way off with my next “Pin!”
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!