Sunday, May 18, 2014

More Monkey Business for Time Travel Mysteries



 

Yep, there are no other words for it than Monkey Business, and that’s exactly what I’m about to embark on tomorrow when my web designer walks me through the latest development on my website – a fan database under the management of something called “Mail Chimp.”

Fans, followers, browsers and anyone who accidentally comes across my website and decides to stick around, will now have the opportunity to become part of a database for Time Travel Mysteries. People who sign up will get monthly newsletters and/or updates plus promos, sneak peeks and all sorts of neat stuff. Provided of course, that I am a quick learner and can figure this out by the end of the day tomorrow. 

I promise I won’t bombard you with the kind of daily spam I get: offers to lower my mortgage rate, restore my figure to the way it looked in 1986, provide behavioral management tips for my cat, help my lawn to look lush and green (Ha! I live in Arizona and my lawn is gravel!), and of course, secrets to wealth management (Must be the best kept secrets because no one I know is getting rich).

“Mail Chimp” is the third “Monkey Thing” I’ve had to deal with in the past few years. First, it was Survey Monkey for my school back east. As soon as our central administration discovered it, there was nothing they didn’t survey. (On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate the following: your child’s lunch, your child’s last algebra test, your child’s homeroom, your child’s schedule , your child’s homework, band lessons, swim time, library time, and emotional well-being while under the care of our professionals). To this day, I loathe surveys!

Then there was “Sea Monkey,” the prototype for creating your own website. We fed it data and pictures and somehow a website emerged. The best news was that it was FREE. And, it looked like it was free. That old adage held true when it came to “Sea Monkey.” You get what you pay for.

Hopefully “Mail Chimp” will turn out to be a really neat addition to my website and a great means of communication with my readers. So, make my day and please sign up! Just don’t blame me if you start to get bananas in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!