Saturday, June 23, 2012

Get Ready for "Light Riders" Trilogy

One of my readers recently asked me why Light Riders and the Morenci Mine Murder will go on to become a trilogy. After all, I could have chosen any of my other YA mystery-suspense novels. Or could I?

For starters, Aeden and Ryn have discovered the perfect vehicle for time travel - Snell's Law. Refracted light can be utilized at any time, unlike the methods other time travelers have to employ. I get to use the same formula for two more novels. And, as characters, they are fairly self reliant, highly motivated, and yes, a bit whiny. But the neat thing as a writer is to watch them mature. Aeden was only 12 and Ryn, 13, when they found themselves in 1930's Arizona. At the end of the trilogy, Aeden will be 15 and Ryn, 16.

Their take on the world and ability to handle situations will change over time. So will their predicaments and perils. Of course, they always run the risk of getting trapped as time ripples, folds, and bends. Even the best formula has flaws. So, I have my work cut out for me.

New venues in an old past. But one question remains, should they share the formula for refracted light?

Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!