Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Where Have You Been and How Come You Haven't Written About My City or State?







One of the fabulous perks about writing time travel mysteries and adventures is the fact that I can take my characters anywhere back in time, not to mention the time era itself. I bounce all over the place according to whatever strikes me at the time. However, I’ve quickly learned that “what strikes me” may not have the same effect on others. 

Listed below are the places I’ve written novels about. They are listed in chronological order according to time, not the order in which the books were written or the sequence for the Light Rider series. Here goes:

            The Ice Age
            78 A.D. in Ancient Rome, one year before Mt. Vesuvius erupts
            1296 A.D. in East Lothian, Scotland
            1789 in Paris, France, just in time for the French Revolution
            Mid 1700’s on the island of Anguilla in the Caribbean
            1923 in upstate New York
            1930 in central and eastern Arizona
            1953 in Springfield, Missouri
            1973 in upstate New York
            Present Day Boston, MA, Tucson, AZ, Geneva, New York and Portland, Oregon

Now, here are some of the actual responses I’ve gotten:

Why did you pick Missouri? I’m from Wisconsin. Couldn’t you write about Wisconsin?

Someone already wrote about the Ice Age.

Will your characters be falling into the Grand Canyon or is that in New Mexico?

No one has ever heard of Anguilla. Why didn’t you pick St. Thomas? I went there on a cruise last year.

What the heck is in upstate New York? 

If I tell you where I’m from, will you write a novel about it?

Good News! I’m warming up for 2015! So if you have a particular time and/or place you’d like me to consider for a future novel, please email me at agarizona@hotmail.com or send me a message on the Time Travel Mysteries Facebook page:

I will consider absolutely everything but I make no guarantees that you’ll like it. Some places are simply an acquired taste, like my hometown. But . . . I promise to keep the suspense and mysteries going strong. I’m truly smitten with time travel because this is one travel experience that won’t wind up on my credit card (at least not yet!).



           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!