Sunday, November 3, 2013

If I Spin Any Faster, I'll Fall Down!








Each month I can’t wait to get my hands on the latest issue from the Independent Book Publishers Association. It’s loaded with advice and details about every aspect of indie writing and publishing. Trouble is, I torture myself with a brand new “To Do” list before I’ve even finished reading the first article. This month was no different. As they addressed social media, I tried to keep up. Good thing they were thoughtful enough to leave me with the following checklist. With any luck, I might be able to complete it by Thanksgiving. By then, the next magazine issue should arrive and I can plague myself with something else that I haven’t done.

Here goes: 

 Are you tweeting enough? (Don’t know. I thought my Facebook posts turn into Tweets but I could be wrong).

Do your tweets stand out? (Compared to what?)

Are you posting enough? (I must be. I post more than I cook, clean, shop and breathe. My webpage designer said I had better post or else I just wasted a boatload of money for her services).

Do your posts reach a wide audience? (Maybe, if my nieces and nephews all get married and have lots of kids. Same goes for my friends and neighbors!) 

Have you added any new boards to Pinterest? (Ha! Good one! I can’t even figure out how I created a board to begin with. It just sort of happened and I can’t seem to do it again!) 

What about pins? (I have no clue what I’m pinning. It looks worse than the collages I had to make in Junior High). 

When was the last time you uploaded a pin? (Uploaded or tried to upload? My success rate for this is worse than my ability to keep plants alive).  

And what about Instagram and 12 other social media sites that you never heard of? (There’s a reason I haven’t heard of them. It’s called “keeping my sanity.”)

And why didn’t you hear about them? (I was too busy posting on Facebook!) 

Have you endorsed anyone lately on LinkedIn? (Gosh, you mean there are still people out there that I haven’t endorsed?)

Are you linking to your Goodreads friends? (If you mean am I making them feel guilty because they haven’t read the book titles I’ve suggested, then Yes!)

Are you adding more of your own titles to ManicReader? (I didn’t know anyone read my first one!)
When can we expect another YouTube video? (When someone other than my cousin Larry decides to watch the first one!)

Why haven’t you responded to any of the “MeetUp” requests? (Duh, do you really think I trust who these people say they are?)

And this is just part of the list. I gave up and started to read the next article, “Does Your Website Have Enough Tentacles?” YIKKEES!  Better save that one for next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!